Applying for a visa
1. The citizens of the countries listed below intending to visit Kyrgyzstan (by air or by land) up to 60 days do not need to obtain entry visa to Kyrgyzstan:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
The citizens of the countries listed above, traveling to Kyrgyzstan for the period more than 60 days are required to obtain the visa in any Embassy of Kyrgyzstan.
2. The citizens of the countries listed below can obtain the visa (for the period not more than 90 days) on the basis of the personal application in any Embassy of Kyrgyzstan or at Manas airport without an invitation letter:
- Sultanate of Oman
- San Marino
- Republic of South Africa
3. The citizens of the countries listed below enjoying non-visa/partial visa regime
A. Citizens holding any type of passport of the following countries are exempt from visa requirement to enter Kyrgyzstan:
- Azerbaijan Republic
- Republic of Armenia
- Republic of Belorussia
- Republic of Kazakhstan
- Korean Democratic People’s Republic
- Republic of Cuba
- Malaysia (with official and tourist purpose up to one month)
- Republic of Moldova
- Mongolia (up to three months)
- Russian Federation
- Republic of Tajikistan
- Turkey (up to one month)
- Ukraine (up to three months)
- Republic of Uzbekistan (up to two months)
B. Citizens holding diplomatic and official passports of the following countries are exempted from visa (up to one month):
- Republic of Hungary
- People’s Republic of China
- Republic of Uzbekistan (up to two months)
- Republic of Korea
- Islamic Republic of Iran
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan
C. Citizens holding diplomatic passports of following countries are exempted from visa requirement to enter Kyrgyzstan:
- Republic of Austria
- Kingdom of Belgium
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Hellenic Republic
- Kingdom of Denmark
- Republic of Island
- Kingdom of Spain
- Italian Republic
- Kingdom of Netherlands
- Kingdom of Norway
- Portugal Republic
- United States of America
- Federative Republic of Germany
- Finish Republic
- French Republic
- Swiss Confederation
- Kingdom of Sweden
4. All other citizens of the countries not listed above are required to obtain the visa and should present additional documents to the Embassy:
- An invitation letter
- Authorization letter for visa from the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic (“visa support”). Inviting person or organization in Kyrgyzstan shall contact the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in advance before submitting the application for visa at the Embassy.
We strongly advise you do not confirm your travel arrangements until you have received this “visa support” for your visa application.
You can find additional information about visa procedures on the website of the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic www.dcsmfa.kg
Before applying for a visa please read carefully information below and follow the instructions.
Visa Application Documents:
- Completed visa application form. Please type and provide answers to all questions.
- One passport size color photo which should be stapled to the marked space on the upper right corner of the application form.
- A valid passport (a photocopy will not be accepted) which should have at least one clear page for a visa. Your passport must be valid for at least 90 days longer than the validity of the requested visa.
- Proof of payment to Embassy’s bank account:
KBC Bank (Chaussée de Waterloo 690, 1180 Brussels, Belgium)
Account No. 438-8496741-43
IBAN: BE66 4388 4967 4143
- An invitation letter (in some cases)
- Additional documents (in some cases)
- A stamped or prepaid self-addressed Mail envelope (if you send via mail).
Issuance of visas is carried out by:
- diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Kyrgyz Republic abroad;
- 24 hour working visa department at the international airport «Manas» in Bishkek.
Extension of visa on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic is carried out by:
- Department of Consular Service of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic for the following categories of visas: diplomatic, official, investment, business (B2), work (W2), tourist.
The address: 10″a» Togolok Moldo str., Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. ph. 312660706, 312663270.
- Department of Registration of the Population of the State Registration Service (SRS) under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and its territorial sections for the following categories of visas: business (В1), study, work (W1), religious, private, tourist.
The address of the main office: 58 Kiev str., Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, ph. 312662329, 312666120.
Documents replacing visas:
- residence permit of the foreign citizen residing in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- certificate of stateless person issued by SRS of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The grounds for issuance of a visa are:
- written appeal of the government bodies of the Kyrgyz Republic, of diplomatic missions and consular service bodies of foreign states, international organizations accredited in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- permit of the authorized body for foreign citizens arriving for business matters and for permanent residence
- written appeal of a legal person for a visa support or extension of a visa of the Kyrgyz Republic for foreigners arriving for business purposes;
- personal appeal of foreign nationals of 56 countries according to the list approved by the Decree of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic № 87 dated 07.02.2009.
- work permit authorized by the agency for regulation of employment of foreign nationals residing on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic (for extending the work visa).
Diplomatic visa is issued to:
- diplomatic agents of foreign diplomatic missions and consular officials of foreign consulates accredited in the Kyrgyz Republic , as well as members of their families ;
- holders of diplomatic passports traveling to the Kyrgyz Republic for official purposes;
- holders of passports of international organizations having the status equated to diplomatic agents;
- staff of international organizations accredited in the Kyrgyz Republic and members of their families;
- heads of foreign states , governments, and members of their families;
- members of parliaments governments of foreign states and their families — holders of diplomatic passports , as well as members of official foreign delegations and accompanying persons — holders of diplomatic passports;
- diplomatic couriers bringing diplomatic mails — holders of diplomatic passports, in the presence of express sheet.
Service visa is issued to:
- holders of passports of international organizations not having the status equated to diplomatic agents , as well as holders of national passports working for international organizations;
- holders of official passports traveling to the Kyrgyz Republic for official purposes;
- members of official foreign delegations and accompanying persons;
- members of the administrative , technical and service staff of diplomatic missions and international organizations , consular employees , members of the service staff of consular institutions of foreign states accredited in the Kyrgyz Republic and their families;
Investment visa is issued to foreign nationals on the basis of confirmation of status of the investor by the Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Business visa has 2 types :
- Type B1 visa is extended by SRS bodies up to 3 months for foreigners arriving to negotiate , to enter into contracts , to render an advisory or audit services; to participate in conferences, workshops , forums, exhibitions , concerts, cultural, scientific, sport and other events; to implement international road transport;
- Type B2 visa extended by the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic for up to 1 year , issued to employees of public, non-profit and international organizations , to individuals arriving in the framework of cooperation with international organizations or intergovernmental treaties and agreements;
Work visa is issued in consultation with relevant government agencies in accordance with the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic and has two types:
- Visa type W1 is extended by the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for citizens of 56 foreign countries, approved by the Government Decree of the Kyrgyz Republic № 87 dated 07.02.2009.
- Visa type W2 is extended by SRS bodies for foreign nationals that are not listed in the Government Decree.
Study visa is issued on the basis of the visa support by the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, by foreign institutions of the Kyrgyz Republic and in the airport «Manas» to foreign citizens traveling to the Kyrgyz Republic for the purpose of studying in the educational institutions of the Kyrgyz Republic that are registered in the judicial bodies in the Ministry of Education of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Tourist visas are issued to foreign nationals traveling to the Kyrgyz Republic for the purpose of tourism. Tourist visas can be single entry and multiple entry for up to 3 months.
Also there is a group visa that can be issued in occasion of organized trips to the Kyrgyz Republic for tourist groups. Prerequisite for the use of group visa is the simultaneous crossing of the state border entering and exiting the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and traveling on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic in group.
Prices : 1 month visa single entry 70$ ; 1 month entry multiple entries 100$
Private visas are issued by SRS and extended by SRS to foreign nationals entering the Kyrgyz Republic for private purposes of different kind.
Religious visas are issued on the basis of the visa support by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the State Committee on Religion. Visa can be extended by SRS bodies up to 6 months no more than 3 times to the foreign nationals arriving through cooperation with religious organizations, with the consent of the authorized body of Religious Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Transit visas are issued for a possibility to travel through the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic for foreign nationals who do not have the right to visa-free transit, if they have travel documents, visa or other grounds entitling to enter a third country.
There is also an exit visa issued to foreign nationals that have lost their passports or other identity documents on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic that provide a right to cross the state border and to individuals on which decisions has been made by the court to expel the foreign citizen from the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Visas of this type are issued only to exit the country.